Barry McVay's FEDERAL CONTRACTS DISPATCH
DATE: April 21, 2000
FROM: Barry McVay, CPCM
SUBJECT: DTAR Change 98-11; Contract Reporting and Contractor Evaluation Requirements
SOURCE: Procurement Instruction Memorandum No. 00-02, April 19, 2000
AGENCIES: Department of the Treasury
ACTION: Department of the Treasury Acquisition Regulation (DTAR) Revision
SYNOPSIS: Procurement Instruction Memorandum (PIM) No. 00-02 revises the DTAR to update references and procedures for the Treasury Acquisition Data System (TADS) for procurement reporting, the Contractor Performance System (CPS) for evaluating contractor performance, and clarify the numbering of solicitations, contracts, and orders.
EDITOR'S NOTE: The DTAR is Chapter 10 of Title 48 of the Code of Federal Regulations. It is available on the Internet at http://www.ustreas.gov/procurement/dtar9n~1.doc.
EFFECTIVE DATE: April 19, 2000.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Lou Masciocchi, 202-622-6585.
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: PIM No. 00-02 makes the following changes to the DTAR:
- In DTAR Subpart 1004.6, Contract Reporting, all references to the Treasury Procurement Data System (TPDS) are replaced with references to the Treasury Acquisition Data System (TADS).
- To DTAR 1004.7001, Numbering, which explains how to bureaus and field contracting offices are to assign alphabetic or numeric characters, is added the following sentence: "Hyphens and special characters are not required when entering the above numbers into automated procurement tracking and reporting systems."
- Paragraph (a)(2) of DTAR 1036.201, Evaluation of Contractor Performance, is revised from "Performance reports will also be prepared on an annual basis for contracts exceeding one year" to "Performance reports will also be prepared and entered into the Contractor Performance System (CPS) on an annual basis for contracts exceeding one year."
- Paragraph (a) of DTAR 1042.1502, Policy, is revised from "Bureaus shall develop procedures for evaluating contractor performance" to "Bureaus shall use the Contractor Performance System (CPS), for evaluating contractor performance, in accordance with FAR 42.1502 [Policy] and 42.1503 [Procedures]."
- In Appendix A, Reporting Requirements, references to the TPDS are replaced with references to the TADS under the comments for the Standard Form 279, Individual Contract Action Report (ICAR), and the Standard Form 281, FPDS Summary Contract Action Report ($25,000 or Less). Also, two additional reports are added to Appendix A:
- Standard Form 295, FPDS Summary Subcontract Report ("Due: March 15th (Include only reports for previous fiscal year)"; "Comments: Input on-line to TADS. See most current FPDS [Federal Procurement Data System] Reporting Manual, TADS User Manual.")
- Contractor Performance System (CPS) ("Due: December 31 (annual/interim reports), 30 days after contract completion"; "Comments: Input on-line to CPS.")
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Barry McVay at 703-451-5953 or by e-mail to BarryMcVay@FedGovContracts.com.
Copyright 2000 by Panoptic Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.
Return to the Dispatches Library.
Return to the Main Page.