Barry McVay's FEDERAL CONTRACTS DISPATCH
DATE: March 16, 2000
FROM: Barry McVay, CPCM
SUBJECT: DFARS; Technical Amendments
SOURCE: Federal Register, March 16, 2000, Vol. 65, No. 52, pages 14379 and 14397
AGENCIES: Department of Defense (DOD)
ACTION: Final Rules
SYNOPSIS: DOD is amending the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) to update names and addresses of DOD Activities; delete obsolete text; update paragraph numbering and cross-references; and update certain commodity assignments under the DOD Coordinated Acquisition Program.
EFFECTIVE DATE: Both final rules are effective March 16, 2000.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: For the final rule on page 14379, Ms. Michele Peterson, Defense Acquisition Regulations Council, PDUSD (AT&L) DP (DAR), IMD 3D139, 3062 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-3062, 703-602-0311; fax: 703-602-0350; for the final rule on page 14397, Ms. Melissa Rider, same address and fax number, telephone 703-602-4245.
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: These two final rules make the following changes:
- The final rule on page 14379 updates the names and addresses in DFARS Appendix G, Activity Address Numbers, Parts 2 through 10 and 12 through 14, and adds the Defense Microelectronics Activity address as Part 11.
- The final rule on page 14397 makes various miscellaneous changes to the DFARS. Among the more noteworthy are:
- DFARS 204.7003, Basic PII [Procurement Instrument Identification] Number, adds "Defense Microelectronics Activity -- DMEA" as paragraph (a)(1)(i)(M).
- Paragraph (a)(2) of DFARS 204.7303, Procedures, is revised to update the telephone numbers and web address for verifying registration in the Central Contractor Registration ("1-888-227-2423, commercial: (616) 961-5757, or DSN: 932-5757; via the Internet at http://www.ccr2000.com").
- DFARS 222.608, Procedures, and its subsection DFARS 222.608-4, Award Pending Final Determination, are removed.
- In paragraph (d) of DFARS 252.204-7004, Required Central Contractor Registration, the old web address "http://ccr.edi.disa.mil" is replaced with the new web address "http://www.ccr2000.com".
- In DFARS Appendix B, Coordinated Acquisition Assignments, Part 5 is renamed "Defense Threat Reduction Agency Assignments."
- In DFARS Appendix F, Material Inspection and Receiving Report, Table 3 in DFARS F-702, Corrected DD Form 250-1, is revised to update names and addresses of various recipients of the DD Form 250-1.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Barry McVay at 703-451-5953 or by e-mail to BarryMcVay@FedGovContracts.com.
Copyright 2000 by Panoptic Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.
Return to the Dispatches Library.
Return to the Main Page.