Panoptic Enterprises' FEDERAL CONTRACTS DISPATCH
DATE: October 1, 2002
SUBJECT: Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS); Technical Amendments
SOURCE: Federal Register, October 1, 2002, Vol. 67, No. 190, page 61516
AGENCIES: Department of Defense (DOD)
ACTION: Final Rule
SYNOPSIS: DOD is making technical amendments to the DFARS to update activity names and addresses, and references to DOD publications.
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 1, 2002.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Michele Peterson, Defense Acquisition Regulations Council, OUSD(AT&L)DP(DAR), IMD 3C132, 3062 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-3062; 703-602-0311; fax: 703-602-0350.
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: Most of the changes made by these technical amendments involve the addition of addresses to DFARS Appendix G, Activity Address Numbers, Part 6, Defense Logistics Agency Activity Address Numbers, for various offices in Defense Supply Center -- Philadelphia, Defense Supply Center -- Richmond, and Defense Supply Center -- Columbus.
Most of the other changes involve updating various DOD publications, as follows:
- In paragraph (b)(iv) of DFARS 206.302-2, Unusual and Compelling Urgency, "DODD 4410.6, Uniform Material Movement and Issue Priority System" is replaced by "DOD 4140.1-R, DOD Materiel Management Regulation."
- In paragraph (b)(19)(C) of DFARS 207.105, Contents of Written Acquisition Plans, "DODD 4210.15, Hazardous Material Pollution Prevention" is replaced by "DOD Instruction 4715.4, Pollution Prevention."
- In DFARS 217.7600, Scope of Subpart, "DODD 4140.40, Provisioning of End Items of Material" is replaced by "DOD 4140.1-R, DOD Materiel Management Regulation, Chapter 1."
- In DFARS 223.7100, Policy, "DOD Directive 6050.8, Storage and Disposal of Non-DoD-Owned Hazardous or Toxic Materials on DOD Installations" is replaced by "DOD Instruction 4715.6, Environmental Compliance." Also, in paragraph (b) of DFARS 223.7102, Exceptions, "DOD Directive 6050.8" is replaced by "DOD Instruction 4715.6."
- Paragraph (1)(i) DFARS 242.1105, Assignment of Criticality Designator, "DOD Directive 4410.6, Uniform Materiel Movement and Issue Priority System" is replaced by "DOD 4140.1-R, DoD Materiel Management Regulation."
- In paragraph (b)(i)(A)(3) of DFARS 247.305-10, Packing, Marking, and Consignment Instructions, "DOD 4500.32-R, Military Standard Transportation and Movement Procedures (MILSTAMP)" is replaced by "DOD 4500.9-R, Defense Transportation Regulation."
- DFARS 247.371, DD Form 1384, Transportation Control and Movement Document, "DOD Regulation 4500.32-R, MILSTAMP" is replaced by "DOD 4500.9-R, Defense Transportation Regulation."
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Panoptic Enterprises at 703-451-5953 or by e-mail to Panoptic@FedGovContracts.com.
Copyright 2002 by Panoptic Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.
Return to the Dispatches Library.
Return to the Main Page.