Panoptic Enterprises' FEDERAL CONTRACTS DISPATCH
DATE: February 14, 2003
SUBJECT: Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS); Technical Amendments
SOURCE: Federal Register, February 14, 2003, Vol. 68, No. 31, page 7438
AGENCIES: Department of Defense (DOD)
ACTION: Final Rule
SYNOPSIS: DOD is amending the DFARS to update organizational names and addresses and references.
EFFECTIVE DATE: February 14, 2003.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Michele Peterson, Defense Acquisition Regulations Council, OUSD (AT&L) DP (DAR), IMD 3C132, 3062 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-3062; 703-602-0311; fax: 703-602-0350.
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: The most noticeable revision is this final rule is the change, throughout the DFARS, of the title of "Director of Defense Procurement" to "Director of Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy." In addition, this final rule make the following technical amendments:
- In DFARS 202.101, Definitions, under "Army," the name of "Defense Supply Service -- Washington" is changed to "Defense Contracting Command -- Washington"; and under "Navy," the name of "Ballistic Missile Defense Organization" is changed to "Missile Defense Agency" (the "Missile Defense Agency" change is also made to paragraph (a)(1)(i)(J) of DFARS 204.7003, Basic PII Number; under the definition of "debarring official" in paragraph (1) of DFARS 209.403, Definitions; in paragraph (e)(vii) of DFARS 214.407-3, Other Mistakes Disclosed Before Award; in paragraph (b)(11) of DFARS 249.7001, Congressional Notification on Significant Contract Terminations; and in paragraph (12) of DFARS 250.303, Contractor Requests).
- In paragraph (b)(2)(ii) of DFARS 239.7302, Approvals and Screening, "Automation Resources Management System (ARMS)" is replaced by "Defense Information Technology Management System (DITMS)," and the information for applying for a DITMS account number is revised to "by contacting the DITMS Help Desk at (703) 681-2400; DSN 761-2400; FAX (703) 681-2875; or via the Internet at https://ditms.disa.mil."
- In paragraph (a)(1) of DFARS 249.7000, Terminated Contracts with Canadian Commercial Corporation, the contact for obtaining a copy of the letter of agreement between Canada and the U.S. is changed to "the Office of the Director of Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy (Program Acquisition and International Contracting), (703) 697-9351, DSN 227-9351)."
- The second sentence of paragraph (b) of DFARS 252.211-7005, Substitutions for Military or Federal Specifications and Standards, is revised to: "A listing of SPI [Single Process Initiative] processes accepted at specific facilities is available via the Internet in Excel format at http://www.dcma.mil/onebook/7.0/7.2/7.2.6/reports/modified.xls."
- In DFARS Appendix G, Part 2, Army Activity Address Numbers, four addresses are revised, and in Part 8, National Imagery and Mapping Agency Activity Address Numbers, one address is revised.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Panoptic Enterprises at 703-451-5953 or by e-mail to Panoptic@FedGovContracts.com.
Copyright 2003 by Panoptic Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.
Return to the Dispatches Library.
Return to the Main Page.