Panoptic Enterprises' FEDERAL CONTRACTS DISPATCH
DATE: November 1, 2004
SUBJECT: Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS); Technical Amendments
SOURCE: Federal Register, September 30, 2004, Vol. 69, No. 210, page 63327
AGENCIES: Department of Defense (DOD)
ACTION: Final Rule
SYNOPSIS: DOD is amending the DFARS to update Internet addresses and reference information.
EFFECTIVE DATE: November 1, 2004.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Michele Peterson, Defense Acquisition Regulations Council, OUSD(AT&L)DPAP(DAR), IMD 3C132, 3062 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-3062; 703-602-0311; fax: 703-602-0350.
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: This final rule makes the following changes to the DFARS:
- Paragraph (a)(1) of DFARS 204.7003, Basic PII [Procurement Instrument Identification] Number, is modified to revise the Internet address for DOD activity address codes (DODAAC) to https://day2k1.daas.dla.mil/daasinq/.
- Paragraph (d) of DFARS 204.7005, Assignment of Order Codes, is modified to revise the Internet address for order code assignments to http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/dfars/ordercode.htm.
- DFARS 208.404, Using Schedules, is revised to add a cross-reference to Procedures, Guidance, and Information (PGI) 208.404, Using Schedules. PGI 208.404 references two memoranda:
- September 13, 2004, from the Director of Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy, Subject: Approval Levels for Sole Source Orders Under Federal Supply Schedules (FSSs) and Multiple Award Contracts (MACs), which establishes approval levels and documentation requirements for sole source orders under FSSs and MACs.
- October 1, 2004, from the General Services Administration Office of the Chief Acquisition Officer, Subject: Purchases on Behalf of Other Agencies, which reinforces the policy in paragraphs (b) and (c)(3) of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 8.404, Using Schedules, requiring the contracting officer placing an order on behalf of another agency to apply the regulatory and statutory requirements applicable to the agency for which the order is placed.
EDITOR'S NOTE: For more on the PGI, see today's FEDERAL CONTRACT DISPATCH "Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS); Procedures, Guidance, and Information."
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Panoptic Enterprises at 703-451-5953 or by e-mail to Panoptic@FedGovContracts.com.
Copyright 2004 by Panoptic Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.
Return to the Dispatches Library.
Return to the Main Page.